Did You Know...? CHAPLIN?????



Welcome to our debut edition of "Did You Know...?"




Did you know... that Charlie Chaplin lost a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest?



Other than being DISGUSTINGLY creepy when rendered in MANNEQUIN form...




*shudders*

... Charlie Chaplin was MASSIVELY popular in the silent film era. In fact, as a fan of silent films myself, I am quite the fan of Chaplin's work! But when I heard from my little nephew Logan, I had to check this out for myself.

And, it turns out to be true!

According to Snopes, Chaplin indeed entered one of these contests, and according to the article, "failed even to make the finals."

On another interesting note, a winner of an entirely separate Chaplin lookalike contest was none other than Bob Hope!

Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog