The Wrestling Kid presents his review of… WWE VENGEANCE 2003!!!

We have something very special for everyone here... one of our Presto Pals has written a review of a wrestling PPV!  Let's all give a warm welcome to...

The Wrestling Kid presents his review of… WWE VENGEANCE 2003!!!


So… this is my debut in reviews… although I am going to do my reviews in a basic style, I hope you enjoy my opinion, and share yours in the comments.


Match 1: Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit for the WWE United States Championship.

In the end of the match, Chris’ supposed friend, Rhyno, hits the gore on Benoit and Eddie follows up with a frog splash for the victory. I give this match a 7/10. In my opinion, this isn’t their best matchup against each other, but it was still worth watching.
Match 2: Indecent Proposal match: Billy Gunn w/ Torrie Wilson vs Jamie Knoble

Knoble botched a dropkick in the early stages of the match, and while trying to block a dive of some sort, Billy Gunn’s knee buckled. I give this match a 4.5/10 because of the lousy ending. (Knoble wins)

Match 3: APA Invitational bar brawl: Participants included the FBI, the Easter Bunny (Damien Sandow before he was accompanied by Michelle McCool), Matt Hardy V1, Funaki, Shannon Moore, Farooq, Bradshaw, the Brooklyn Brawler, Spanky (Brian Kendrick a few months before going to TNA), Brother Love, Doink the Clown, Doug & Danny Basham, Chris Kanyon, Los Conquistadors (Rob Conway & Johnny Jeter), & Sean O’ Haire. The Japanese table returned for a one time stint as Matt Hardy leg dropped onto Kanyon & one of the Bashams, only for it to not break. Funaki lasted to the top 3 before passing out drunk. Bradshaw won by hitting Brother Love over the head with a glass bottle. I rate that match an 8.5/10.

Match 4: Rey Mysterio & Billy Kidman vs The World’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Hass & Shelton Benjamin) for the WWE Tag Team championship. I personally thought this match was awesome and set the stage for future tag team wrestling. I rate this match an 8/10. (WGTT wins)

Match 5: Stephanie McMahon vs Sable in a no-countout catfight. This match sucked, and Sable had a nip slip… yay… I guess? (It’s Sable were talking about, and I mean 2003 cougar Sable…) I rate it a 2/10.

Match 6: John Cena vs Undertaker. What can be said that hasn’t already been said about this match. It was a shining moment in both of these men’s careers. The only reason it’s not a perfect 10/10? I effing hate John Cena, even in his rapper gimmick. I rate it a 9/10. (Undertaker wins)

Match 7: Zach Gowen vs Mr. McMahon. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE Zach Gowen, now even more because he reminds me of Bo Dallas… but this was still a good match. I rate it a 8.5/10. (Mr. McMahon wins)

Match 8: Kurt Angle vs Big Show vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE championship. epic… simply epic… Kurt Angle wins, there’s a table spot, every damn thing is perfect! I rate this a 10/10!

PPV overall rating: 7/10: Great PPV, definitely worth watching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog